More than 2 million registered Palestine refugees already live in Jordan.
Most Palestine refugees in Jordan, but not all, have full citizenship.
There are ten recognized Palestine refugee camps throughout the country, which accommodate nearly 370,000 Palestine refugees, or 18 per cent of the country total.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Ten camps in Jordan
- 173 schools, with 116,953 pupils
- Two vocational and technical training centres
- 23 primary health centers
- Eight community rehabilitation centres
- 12 women’s programme centres
Jordan provides asylum for a large number of refugees, including from Syria and Iraq. It has granted Syrian refugees access to services, such as health and education, in host communities. The Syrian refugee camps of Azraq and Zaatari were built on land provided by country officials.